BREAK DOWN YOUR BARRIERS TO WEIGHT LOSS
At Reading Hospital, we provide a vast range of state-of-the-art, minimally invasive weight loss procedures driving faster recovery times and incredible outcomes. With our comprehensive pre-op evaluation and personalized post-op nutritional counseling from the supportive specialists in our Weight Management Center — you can reach incredible weight loss milestones. In fact, our patients lose 75% of their excess weight — on average — and 85% of our type 2 diabetes patients go into remission after weight loss surgery.
How Do I Know if I’m a Candidate?
Bariatric surgery patients must begin their journey with our private, online info session and meet the following criteria:
• Have a body mass index (BMI) of 40+
• Have pre-existing conditions including diabetes, sleep apnea and/or hypertension with a BMI of 35-40
What Are My Options for Weight Loss Surgery?
After watching our info session, you’ll work with your doctor to find the right procedure for your needs and goals. Your options for weight loss surgery include:
• Reduces stomach size to limit food intake and reduces hunger. This procedure changes the way food is processed and can place certain metabolic diseases into remission.
• Limits portion sizes, decreases hunger and allows food to bypass the stomach and upper portion of small intestine. This procedure also places type 2 diabetes into remission.
• A smaller stomach reduces hunger and fewer calories are absorbed. As the only hospital in the region to perform this procedure robotically, we help patients lose even more weight. The Duodenal Switch procedure also protects against further weight gain.