BREAK DOWN YOUR BARRIERS TO WEIGHT LOSS
At Reading Hospital, we provide a vast range of state-of-the-art, minimally invasive weight loss procedures driving faster recovery times and incredible outcomes. Coupled with our comprehensive pre-op evaluation and personalized post-op nutritional counseling from the supportive specialists in our Weight Management Center — you can reach incredible weight loss milestones. In fact, our patients lose 75% of their excess weight — on average. And with 24/7 access to our weight loss app designed specifically for bariatric surgery patients, you can reclaim your life.
How Do I Know if I’m a Candidate?
Bariatric surgery patients must begin their journey with our private, online info session and meet the following criteria:
• Have a body mass index (BMI) of 40+
• Have pre-existing conditions including diabetes, sleep apnea and/or hypertension with a BMI of 35-40
What Are My Options for Weight Loss Surgery?
After watching our info session, you’ll work with your doctor to find the right procedure for your needs and goals. Your options for weight loss surgery include:
• Reduces stomach size to limit food intake and reduces hunger. This procedure changes the way food is processed and can place certain metabolic diseases into remission.
• Limits portion sizes, decreases hunger and allows food to bypass the stomach and upper portion of the small intestine. This procedure also places type 2 diabetes into remission.
• A smaller stomach reduces hunger and less calories are absorbed. This procedure help patients lose even more weight and protects against further weight gain.
There are many significant health-related benefits to bariatric surgery. Positive patient outcomes include:
• Diabetes improves in 86% of patients
• Obstructive sleep apnea improves in 84% of the patients
• High blood pressure improves in 70% of patients
• High cholesterol improves 86% of patients
• Heartburn and acid reflux improves between 70% and 100% of patients
Our Weight Management Center is conveniently located at 2603 Keiser Blvd in Wyomissing.
*Weight loss results can vary depending on the individual. There is no guarantee of specific results. Source: JAMA (Journal American Medical Association)