The pandemic has impacted the lives of the patients and families we serve in many ways, and many families are struggling. St. Christopher’s Candy Cane Corner Toy Drive is working to make children’s holiday wishes come true, and we need your help. All are welcome to donate – individuals, companies or groups – and allow our young patients to enjoy the holidays while being in the hospital.
Candy Cane Corner is where hundreds of donated toys bring holiday magic. Parents or guardians of children in the hospital over the holidays can choose from donated toys for the children. Toys are also distributed to patients in the Emergency Department, procedure areas, and clinics. Due to the pandemic, our Toy Drive will work differently in 2020 to adhere to our Infection Prevention team's guidelines and ensure the safety of donors, patients, parents, guardians, and employees.
Physical Toy Donations
- Specially-marked boxes are located in the main hospital vestibule for contactless drop-off of new, unwrapped toys. Toys will be accepted from December 2nd - 15th from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., seven days a week.
- Donated toys will be quarantined for eight days.
- If donors prefer to remain in their car for toy donation drop-offs, they may call 215-427-5320 to schedule an appointment.
Other Ways to Give
Candy Cane Corner, where parents and guardians of our inpatients can "shop" for toys for their children, will be held December 21st – 23rd in the Lower Atrium of the hospital. Parents/guardians will be scheduled to shop and adhere to physical distancing requirements.
- Toys must be new and unwrapped.
- Please remember patients range from infants through adolescents through teens.
- Please consider the cultural diversity of our children when making gift selections.
- Avoid toys with small or detachable parts or sharp edges.
- Fire regulations prohibit electrical, spark-producing, or friction-producing toys.
- Read the toy or craft item label to ensure all materials are non-toxic and latex-free (i.e., balloons).
- Please avoid religious toys or toys that depict violence, such as guns or knives.
Important Safety Notes
To ensure we are maintaining a consistent process for the safety of donors, employees, patients, and their families:
- Organizations with large group donations should call Hillary Israel, Manager of Child Life Services, at 215-427-5320 to schedule a drop-off.
- Physical donations of toys for the holidays will be accepted through December 15th. After December 15th, donors can still make monetary donations online.
- Regular toy/gift donations will resume on January 5th. With thousands of children visiting our hospital each year, we have an ongoing need for new toys, craft supplies, books, video games, and movies.
- While dropping off toys, donors must be mindful of physical distancing rules to keep our patients, staff, and community safe.
- Please avoid gathering in large groups outside on hospital grounds for extended periods.
- We are unable to take photographs of large groups due to health and safety guidelines.
- Group visits and entertainment visits are not currently permitted.
We greatly appreciate your generosity!