Meeting Your Needs, Keeping You Safe.
Tower Health is re-opening safely for your health.
Online Laboratory and Select Radiology Scheduling Now Available at Select Locations Via MyTowerHealth
COVID 19 Update Safely Returning to Surgeries, Procedures, and Physician Office Visits - Spanish
Tower Health is here for you. We are working hard to resume our full offering of healthcare services and we are taking many steps to keep our hospitals physician offices, urgent care centers, and other clinical areas clean and safe.
Gregory Sorensen, MD, Executive Vice President and Chief Medical Officer, Tower Health, and Debra Powell, MD, Section Chief for Infectious Diseases and Medical Director for Infection Prevention, Tower Health explain more in the videos to the right.
Check back to learn more about additional programs and services opening and our ongoing steps to keep you safe.
Over the next several weeks, Tower Health will implement a phased rollout to resume the provision of medically necessary and time sensitive procedures, tests, and office visits. This coordinated approach - developed with guidance from medical, nursing, and administrative staff-has been carefully designed to keep Tower Health employees, patients, and communities safe.
The phased reopening approach will be implemented in the following order:
- Scheduled in-person care appointments that are medically necessary and time sensitive.
- Surgeries that are medically necessary and time sensitive.
- Medically necessary and time sensitive procedures for patients with the most pressing clinical needs.
Tower Health will continue to utilize our enhanced and innovative telemedicine capabilities, where appropriate, to care for patients in the safest way possible. Tower Health will also continue to follow the guidance of state and county health officials on a county-by-county basis. Since our hospitals are located across several Pennsylvania counties, specific actions may vary for each Tower Health hospital.
What is Tower Health Doing to Ensure Patient Safety?
In our hospitals, physician offices, urgent care centers, and all other clinical areas Tower Health has implemented rigorous cleaning processes and procedures that meet or exceed the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Department of Health (DOH) policies. These include:
- Telehealth and virtual visits: Telehealth and virtual visits will be used to reduce in-person visits at our physician offices and urgent care centers, providing convenient care in the comfort and safety of the patient's home.
- COVID-19 Screenings for caregivers and patients: All healthcare providers will continue to be screened for COVID-19 symptoms prior to the start of each shift. All patients will be screened for COVID-19 prior to their surgery, procedure, or office visit. If symptoms are present, the encounter will be canceled, and the patient will be referred to their primary care physician or Urgent Care facility for follow-up.
- Robotic ultraviolet light disinfection: Tower Health Hospitals are among only a few in the region using this process designed specifically for hospitals. The robot delivers a fast, continuous dose of ultraviolet energy killing germs and pathogens from floor to ceiling. This process uniquely positions our hospitals to provide one of the safest environments possible. To learn more about this technology, go to https://www.finsentech.com/thor-uvc.
- Restricting visitors: Visitor restrictions and screenings at all hospital entrances will continue.
- Rigorous cleaning and disinfecting protocols:
- Outpatient facilities, physician offices, and other public areas undergo rigorous cleaning and disinfecting several times per day, in accordance with CDC and DOH infection control guidelines.
- Operating rooms will be thoroughly cleaned after each case. Air exchanges will be continuously monitored during surgical procedures.
- Face masks at all facilities and the appropriate personal protective equipment for all staff. Patients will also be required to wear face masks in all facilities.
- Enhanced social distancing: Physical distancing will be maximized in waiting rooms and patient care areas. In addition, surgery times will be staggered to ensure social distancing.
Expanded Telehealth Services
For many patients, a phone or video “virtual visit” may be the most appropriate way to see a Tower Health Medical Group (THMG) physician or Advanced Practice Provider (APP) or a St. Christopher’s Pediatric Associate (SCPA) physician or APP. We are offering safe, secure virtual visits for a variety of services including follow-up care, urgent care, and select new patient appointments.
Scheduled Virtual Visits with your THMG Physician or APP
Virtual visits through MyTowerHealth, our electronic health record patient portal, allow you to speak with your THMG physician or APP by phone or video. These visits are ideal for non-life-threatening conditions which do not require in-person evaluations of your symptoms. This can include routine checkups, general wellness concerns, sinus infections, upper respiratory infections, seasonal allergies, and much more. Your provider will work with you at the time your appointment is scheduled to determine if you are a good fit for a virtual visit.
If you do not yet use MyTowerHealth, click here to learn more about registering for this patient portal.
Scheduled Virtual Visits with an SCPA Physician or APP
Virtual visits with SCPA specialists and APPs are also available through doxy.me, a safe, secure platform for non-life threatening conditions and those that do not require in-person evaluations of your child’s symptoms. Your child’s pediatric specialist will work with you when you schedule an appointment to determine if a virtual visit is a good option.
Tower Health Urgent Care OnDemand Virtual Visits
Virtual Care by TDH provides on-demand healthcare, 24/7/365, from the convenience of your smart phone or computer. Licensed Tower Health Urgent Care physicians can answer questions, evaluate your risk and provide immediate care for non-emergent medical issues. If medically necessary, a prescription will be sent to your pharmacy of choice. It is an affordable, convenient alternative to in-person Urgent Care and ER visits. Virtual Care by TDH provides general medical care for many non-emergency illnesses such as the flu, sore throat, sinus infection, and seasonal allergies. Learn more here.
In Person Visits
There are times when it is best to see your physician in person to address complex or pre-existing conditions. By following the increased safety procedures outlined above, we look forward to welcoming you into the office for an in-person visit. Our physicians and APPs are here to provide the same excellent care you know and trust.
Lab and Radiology Services
Our laboratory and radiology services teams are prioritizing orders and studies for patients who need urgent testing. Please work with your provider to determine whether a non-urgent lab or imaging study can be delayed safely.
All Valet Parking services are currently closed to limit COVID-19 exposure. Our garages, outdoor parking, drop-offs, and shuttle services are still available.
If you have specific questions, please contact your physician or APP to determine your best options, including telehealth services and Tower Health Urgent Care for non-emergency care when your healthcare provider may not be available.
If you are experiencing chest pain or stroke symptoms or have a medical emergency, call 911 immediately. Please do not wait to seek care. Our facilities are clean and safe, and our experienced staff is ready to care for you.