Tower Health Partners
Welcome to Tower Health Partners®!
- A physician-led, physician-governed organization.
- Advances the quality of patient care using evidence-based guidelines.
- Provides cost-effective care.
- Physician accountability for the care they deliver.
- Improves patient satisfaction.
- Increases efficiencies throughout the continuum of care.
Established in 2014 by the founding physician members, Tower Health Partners (THP) is one of the oldest clinically integrated organizations in the region. With leadership and governance by its member physicians, the organization has promoted changes in clinical and patient care through the diligent work of its committees and Board. In 2016, Tower Health Partners
distributed $2.1M in shared savings. Physicians are first and foremost the driving force behind Tower Health Partners.
What is Clinical Integration?
Clinical Integration is critical to the future of healthcare. Tower Health Partners is a physician-hospital partnership that is patient-centric and physician-led, with guiding principles of improving the quality and efficiency of healthcare in the communities we serve.
Our mission and vision statements were developed by our physician members and provide a solid foundation for Tower Health Partners.
How does participation in Clinical Integration benefit physicians?
Physician participation is central to the core values of Clinical Integration. The innovative model for these programs and providing critical support to physicians within the network help to deliver better outcomes at a reduced cost, ultimately resulting in better patient care and moving the practice of medicine forward.
These benefits include:
- Advancing the way healthcare is delivered as a participating physician in the Tower Health Partners Clinical Integration program
- Providing enhanced care options as one of our premier physicians across more than 50 specialties
- Supporting team collaboration with all physicians to coordinate higher-quality patient care with greater cost control
- Facilitating negotiated payor contracts with providers that reward performance and savings
- Delivering greater patient satisfaction with more effective, efficient, and affordable care
- Improving the overall health of the populations and communities we serve
How does Tower Health Partners support physicians?
Tower Health Partners supports an extensive network of physicians from all specialties. Our organization ensures all physicians align with Clinical Integration principles and every physician has the opportunity to participate in driving health care transformation. Tower Health Partners strives to integrate physician and hospital services to generate better healthcare
at less cost. Tower Health Partners supports the alignment of incentives with payors and establishes opportunities of alternate payment methods for physicians. Clinical Integration uniquely positions Tower Health Partners to leverage its strong relationship with physicians to support both primary and specialty services to deliver the highest quality of care at the greatest value using the most current evidence-based guidelines for patient care.
- Care Management and Ancillary Service Support
- Financial Rewards with Value Payment Methodologies
- Enhanced Communication and Interaction with Colleagues
- Improved Patient Health and Satisfaction
- Ability to Participate in New Health Plan Products
- Support for Provider Clinical Improvement Projects
- Increase Practice Efficiencies to Reduce Provider Overhead
- IT and EMR Support
- Referral Management and Patient Outmigration Reversal Strategies
- Individual Provider and Practice Support Services
- Non-Exclusivity for Tower Health Partners Physicians in Other Value-Based Entities
- Care cost savings that are shared with providers
- Economic benefits of accessibility to new payor contracts and patients
- Recognition and reward for high-quality care instead of volume
- Increase in-network referrals, as well as patient retention and acquisition
- Office efficiencies that facilitate care and contribute to better work/life balance for providers and office staff
- Ability to measure and monitor quality and performance
Physician Membership Criteria
Membership is open to all physicians wishing to become a partner in the pursuit of Clinically Integrated care for their patients. Every participating physician meets the following criteria:
- A member in good standing with staff privileges at a Tower Health affiliated hospital
- Fully credentialed by appropriate credentialing committee
- Currently using ePrescribing and disease registries, or committed to use in the future
- Active use of an EMR or other electronic clinical documentation system, or committed to use in the future
- Adherence to Clinical Integration policies and procedures
- Willingness to share quality performance metrics data
Metrics and Performance
Quality metrics are the backbone of a Clinically Integrated program. Performance data are essential for physicians to monitor, track, and improve the quality of care they provide.
Clinical Integration supports physicians in the capture and review of this information, along with their colleagues, to evaluate both individual and network performance. In addition, metrics are critical in the advancement of population health management programs and value-based contracts with payors.
Performance metrics improve the quality of care by:
- Promoting value to patients, communities, and payors
- Reflecting peer-reviewed, evidence-based guidelines
- Providing for the identification of gaps in care
- Capturing and reporting metrics data electronically for governing bodies, i.e. MACRA
- Including specialty specific clinical metrics reportable to physicians that drive quality improvement
- Measuring and interpreting data at the individual provider or aggregate level
- Creating actionable approaches to data validation
Who governs Tower Health Partners?
Tower Health Partners is governed by five physician-led committees and a 13-member Board of Managers. Membership in a committee is open to any Tower Health Partners’ participating physician. The committees are a balance of employed and independent physicians from all Tower Health Partners’ affiliated hospitals, bringing together unique perspectives on the topics, issues, and projects covered throughout the year.
- Clinical Informatics (CI) - Technology and IT Infrastructure
- Finance and Contracting (F&C) – Contract and Financial Management
- Population Health Management (PHM) – Evidence-Based
- Provider Network, Credentialing, and Enrollment (PNCE) – Network Communication and Maintenance
- Quality Improvement and Clinical Integration (QICI) – Metrics and Performance Improvement
Board of Managers
The Board of Managers is comprised of 13 members. By charter, 10 Managers and the Chairperson are required to be physicians. The Board’s purpose is to oversee the development and implementation of all components of the Clinical Integration program, ensuring every strategic objective is beneficial to all participating physicians.
Network of Advanced Care
Tower Health Partners offers access to a broad network of physicians across more than 50 specialties.
- Addiction Medicine
- Allergy & Immunology
- Bariatric Surgery
- Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Colon & Rectal Surgery
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Emergency Medicine
- Family Practice
- General Surgery
- Geriatric Medicine
- Gynecological Oncology
- Hospitalist Services
- Infectious Disease
- Internal Medicine
- Interventional Radiology
- Neurological Surgery
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Pain Management
- Palliative Medicine
- Pediatric Ophthalmology
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Plastic Surgery
- Pulmonary Disease
- Quick Care Centers
- Radiation Oncology
- Sleep Medicine
- Sports Medicine
- Trauma Surgery
- Vascular Surgery
- Weight Management
- Wound Healing & Hyperbaric Medicine
Tower Health Partners will be nationally recognized as a premier clinically integrated healthcare organization. It will be a collaborative effort of healthcare professionals in a multi-disciplinary network providing coordinated patient-centric medical care using evidence-based guidelines that promotes transformative care, accountability, and cost containment to improve efficiency and patient satisfaction. Through dedicated physician leadership and population health management, Tower Health Partners is committed to serving the diverse needs of its community and surrounding areas.
The mission of Tower Health Partners (THP) is to improve the overall health of our patient population through the deployment of a clinically integrated program that reduces care fragmentation and delivers high quality, cost-effective care. THP will be physician-driven and patient-centered with the goal of creating shared value for the patients, providers, employers, and payers.