Jennersville Hospital and all of its programs and activities are accessible to and usable by disabled persons, including persons who are deaf, hard of hearing, or blind or who have other sensory impairments.
Access features include:
- Designated and convenient disability parking in the parking lot.
- Designated accessibility cross walks, curb cuts and ramps between roads, parking areas and buildings.
- Level access to all elevators at all floors.
- Accessible offices, meeting rooms, bathrooms, waiting areas, nutrient areas and patient care areas.
A full range of assistive and communication aids provided to persons who are deaf, hard of hearing, or blind, or with other sensory impairments.
There is no additional charge for such aids.
Some of these aids include:
- Qualified sign language interpreters for persons who are deaf or hard of hearing.
- A twenty-four-hour (24) telecommunication device (TTYITDD) which can connect the caller to all extensions within the facility and/or portable (TTYITDD) units, for use by persons who are deaf, hard of hearing or speech impaired.
- Flash Cards, Alphabet boards and other communication boards.
- Assistive devices for persons with impaired manual skills.
If you require any of the aids listed above, please let the receptionist or your nurse know.