Our multidisciplinary approach ensures you get comprehensive, best-in-class care to manage symptoms, restore function, and preserve your quality of life. You get advanced expertise right here in Southeastern Pennsylvania.
Complete care for the brain, spine, and nerves.
Our specialists treat all neurological disorders, even the most complex. Our approach to care gives you access to a full-range of specialty care across Tower Health. We offer the most advanced diagnostic and treatment options available.
- Neurology care. We provide complete neurology care from diagnosis to symptom management and treatment. We work with a multidisciplinary team from across Tower Health to get you advanced care, including procedures and surgery.
- Neurosurgery. We use minimally invasive techniques and the most advanced technology available, including neuromodulation, neurovascular procedures, brain mapping, and image-guided surgery.
- Neurocritical Care. This is a unique discipline that provides critical care for patients with the most serious conditions in an intensive care unit setting. These providers care for a wide range of neurological disorders, including stroke, subarachnoid hemorrhage, brain trauma, coma, intracerebral hemorrhage, seizures, spinal cord trauma, status epilepticus, encephalitis, myasthenia gravis, Guillain-Barre' syndrome, and neuromuscular disease.
- Pain management. A pain management specialist develops a treatment plan to relieve, reduce, or manage pain and help patients return to everyday activities quickly hopefully without the need for surgery or heavy reliance on medication.
- Stroke and cerebrovascular care. When minutes count, we provide rapid-response treatment and comprehensive care to people who experience a stroke. As an Advanced Primary Stroke Center, we provide life-saving treatment 24/7 for complex stroke patients, including access to endovascular treatments that can surgically remove clots from the brain.
- Spine care. We offer a full spectrum of care for back and spine injury or disease, from advanced diagnosis and the latest treatments to pain management to help you feel your best.
- Specialized programs and services. Our neurosciences team provides specialized treatment for diseases and conditions that affect the brain, spine, and nervous system. Specialty care programs include brain and spine tumors, headaches and migraines, movement disorders, multiple sclerosis, neuromuscular disorders, seizures and epilepsy, neuro-oncology, pituitary disease, peripheral nerve, normal pressure hydrocephalus, and sleep disorders.
- Neurorehabilitation. Our neurorehabilitation program focuses on improving your quality of life. Whether you need to regain body movement, improve fine motor skills, or learn new ways of performing daily tasks, our team will help you achieve your personal goals.
- Trauma and neurocritical care. Our Level I Trauma Center has a neurocritical care team and a neurocritical care unit to treat traumatic brain injury, concussions, aneurysms, seizures, brain hemorrhages, and skull and spine fractures.
Neurologic Conditions We Treat
We provide care for a wide range of neurological diseases and conditions, including:
- Brain and spine tumors including cancerous and non-cancerous tumors, glioblastoma, meningioma, pituitary tumors, and skull base tumors.
- Cerebrovascular diseases, stroke, brain aneurysms, carotid artery disease, carotid dissection, intracranial stenosis, vascular malformations, and arteriovenous malformations.
- Headaches and facial pain including migraines, chronic tension headaches, and cluster headaches, trigeminal neuralgia, and other head and facial pain syndromes.
- Memory loss and dementia, including Alzheimer’s disease, vascular dementia, Lewy body dementia, frontotemporal dementia.
- Movement disorders including Parkinson’s disease, essential tremors, Huntington’s disease, tics, Tourette syndrome, and restless legs syndrome.
- Multiple sclerosis and connective tissue disorders
- Neuromuscular disorders including neuropathy, myasthenia gravis, ALS, or Lou Gehrig’s disease, muscular dystrophy, Guillain-Barre syndrome, myopathy.
- Seizures such as epilepsy, grand mal, focal, sensory, motor, and nocturnal.
- Sleep disorders that cause sleep disturbances, narcolepsy, sleep phase disorder.
- Traumatic brain injuries including concussions, post-concussive syndrome, penetrating head injury, anoxia, or hypoxic brain injury.
- Peripheral nerve problems, including carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Normal pressure hydrocephalus.
- Facial pain, trigeminal neuralgia.
Surgery for Complex Brain Conditions
The surgical team at Tower Health is trained in the latest approaches, including minimally invasive techniques and open neurovascular and neurosurgical procedures to treat conditions of the brain, spine, and nervous system. When appropriate, we use advanced intraoperative equipment for precise treatments, the least invasive approaches, and the latest neuromodulation techniques to deliver the best outcomes. Your team will work with you and your family to individualize your care.