HELP YOUR HEART GROW STRONGER. SO YOU CAN LOVE LONGER.
Nothing compares to the love you have for those you keep close to your heart. So make it last a lifetime — start your free online Heart Risk Assessment to take control of your heart health, and discover the full range of preventive, diagnostic, and educational services available for you at every Tower Health location. With convenient access to our award-winning teams with expertise in both the prevention of disease and the most severe cardiac conditions, we’re making it easier for you to stay heart healthy for a lifetime.
Your Path to a Healthy Heart Starts Here
Every 30 seconds, your heart beats — for you, and for those you love. But every 34 seconds, someone in the U.S. has a heart attack. Every year, your heart keeps you strong. But every year, heart disease claims around 610,000 lives. You don’t have to be part of these statistics. Just follow these five simple steps to start your path to a healthy heart:
- Learn your risk and understand your body. Some risk factors are genetic and usually cannot be changed, but others are acquired from your lifestyle and can be changed — learning and understanding the difference can help you prevent heart disease and a heart attack.
- Test your blood pressure. Abnormally high blood pressure, called hypertension, is known as the silent killer because it presents very few symptoms and is a leading indicator of heart disease — managing yours can save your life.
- Maintain healthy blood sugar and cholesterol levels. Elevated cholesterol levels can lead to a stroke, heart attack, or other health conditions. Your heart is also affected by your blood sugar levels, which can increase your risk of diabetic heart disease. Eating a diet that’s rich in fruits, vegetables, and fish can help you maintain healthy blood sugar and cholesterol levels — and a healthy heart.
- Measure your Body Mass Index (BMI). Excess body weight is directly linked to a higher risk of developing heart disease, high blood pressure and cholesterol, type 2 diabetes, and other severe health conditions. If your BMI is over 25, talk to a Tower Health physician about a weight management plan that can help you lose weight and gain a stronger heart.
- Take your Tower Health Heart Risk Assessment. The strength of your heart health is in your hands, so take a few minutes to learn and understand your risk with our free Heart Risk Assessment — knowledge makes the heart grow stronger.
Find a Tower Health Hospital Near You
From preventive services to educational programs and diagnostic testing, discover your full continuum of heart care and jump-start a conversation with an expert today. Click on a Tower Health location near you to get started.