BRINGING TOGETHER COMPASSIONATE CARE AND ADVANCED CLINICAL CAPABILITIES
As a patient at a hospital rated Top 10% in the Nation for Neurosciences*, you can be confident knowing you’ll always receive the highest level of care at Reading Hospital. Here, you’ll work with our team of experts — collaborating to bring you the most advanced techniques and technologies in the region. That means you don’t have to travel for state-of-the-art, comprehensive care for brain, spine, and neurological conditions. From minimally invasive surgical options for complex brain aneurysms to treatment of Parkinson’s disease and other movement disorders, it has never been easier to access life-changing care close to home.
One Collaborative Approach, Making Positive Outcomes Possible
The nervous system controls every part of our body. It guides nearly everything we do. And treating this master control network requires expertise across a variety of specialty areas. That’s why our multidisciplinary neurosciences team takes a collaborative approach to your entire continuum of care. This approach allows us to bridge the gap between groundbreaking clinical solutions and the latest advances in technology — ensuring you can receive the most innovative treatments, personalized therapies, and the best possible outcomes.
Our experienced team includes:
• Nationally recognized neurosurgeons using groundbreaking techniques and technologies
• Top-ranked neurologists with expertise in disorders of the brain, spinal cord, and nerves
• Neurotrauma and neurocritical care specialists treating the most severe conditions quickly and efficiently
• Neurointerventional radiologists providing the latest in minimally invasive imaging techniques
• Rehabilitative medicine specialists delivering exceptional care to get you back to everyday life
Working With You Through Every Neurological Condition
From diagnosis to follow-up care, we provide comprehensive treatments for:
• Complex brain conditions: Minimally invasive treatment options for aneurysms, brain trauma, concussions, tumors, dementia, and memory loss, as well as normal pressure hydrocephalus and other brain conditions
• Spine conditions: Treatment, including surgery, for spinal trauma, fractures, degenerative cervical and lumbar disc disease, sciatica, spine infections, and spondylolisthesis
• Peripheral nerve: Surgical options for carpal and cubital tunnel syndrome
• Stroke: Advanced, award-winning response, treatment, and rehabilitation program for stroke patients
• Movement disorders: Comprehensive care for spasticity and Parkinson’s disease — including deep brain stimulation
• Epilepsy: Four-bed Epilepsy Monitoring Unit providing 24-hour continuous video EEG monitoring
• Multiple sclerosis: Comprehensive care and ongoing support provided
• Neuromuscular: Treatment for neuropathy, ALS, muscular dystrophy, and Guillain-Barre syndrome
• Migraines and headaches: Treatment options including BOTOX® injections and nerve blocks
• Sleep disorders: Diagnosis and treatment for sleep apnea, narcolepsy, restless legs, and other common sleep conditions
• Neuro-oncology: Surgery for brain and spine tumors
At nineteen-years-old, Erin had already spent years trying to find relief from debilitating pain in her leg. As a college lacrosse player and an active hiker, this pain wasn’t just unbearable — it was preventing her from doing what she loves. Erin couldn’t walk when she met Dr. Psarros, one of our expert neurosurgeons. She feared she was past the point of moving beyond her pain, but “Dr. Psarros had confidence in me. He took the time and the patience to understand what was going on.” After discovering the source of Erin’s excruciating pain, Dr. Psarros changed her life forever — read how here.